Bienvneue à Miami =D Index du Forum
Forum RPG

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer   ProfilProfil   ConnexionConnexion 

Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   

injury. Scott played the final 24 holes wi

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Bienvneue à Miami =D Index du Forum -> Bienvenue à Miami =D -> Présentation
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
miaowang123

MessagePosté le: Sam 22 Sep - 03:08 (2018)    Sujet du message: injury. Scott played the final 24 holes wi Répondre en citant

Top prospect Joel Embiid had surgery on the stress fracture in his right foot Friday, and now he waits. He waits to see how far he falls in the NBA draft Thursday night. He waits to see how long it will be before he can hit the court again. He waits to see how he responds to an injury that has a history of giving NBA big men problems. The Kansas centre, who was in the running to be taken No. 1 overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers, had two screws inserted into the navicular bone in his right foot at Southern California Orthopedic Institute, according to a release distributed by agent Arn Tellem. "The surgery went very well and Im confident that after appropriate healing he will be able to return to NBA basketball," said Dr. Richard Ferkel, who performed the surgery, said in the release. "Joel tolerated the surgery without difficulty and will begin his rehabilitation in the near future." While it is the same injury that Houston Rockets centre Yao Ming suffered twice and ultimately retired because of, its impossible to say how Embiid will recover this early in the process. Bill Walton also was slowed by the injury, but that was more than 30 years ago while Zydrunas Ilgauskas was able to make a full recovery from his broken navicular bone and resume a long and productive career. It is not immediately clear how long Embiid will be out, with estimations ranging from nine months to a full season depending on how the rehabilitation process goes. The lack of clarity has turned the top of the draft into a crapshoot. Kansas guard Andrew Wiggins and Duke forward Jabari Parker were the two names mentioned most often with Embiid at the top of the draft, with Australian point guard Dante Exum an intriguing, but largely unknown, long-shot possibility. A lithe and super-athletic 7-footer with nimble footwork and a soft shooting touch, Embiid has drawn comparisons to Hakeem Olajuwon and, after an impressive workout in front of NBA teams in California this month, seemed to be distancing himself from Wiggins and Parker in the eyes of many talent evaluators. But the Cavaliers passed on injured Kentucky big man Nerlens Noel with the No. 1 pick last year and are eager to get back into the playoffs after a four-year absence. So taking a chance on an injured Embiid may not be in their plans Thursday night and the Milwaukee Bucks, sitting at No. 2, could also use immediate help as they begin their first season under new ownership. That could drop Embiid to the Philadelphia 76ers, who are preaching patience in the second year of a massive tear-down and rebuild under GM Sam Hinkie. The Sixers acquired Noel, who was recovering from a torn ACL, on draft night last year and sat him out for the entire season. Could they take the same approach for a second straight season? Assuming a full recovery, an Embiid-Noel frontcourt with Michael Carter-Williams running the point could be a dynamic core to get the 76ers back to relevance in the wide open Eastern Conference. After the Sixers at No. 3, the Orlando Magic, Utah Jazz, Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers all wait in the wings. And so does Embiid. Willy Caballero Jersey . At least 90 players who had college eligibility remaining are expected to enter the draft, shattering last years record number of 73. "Its a humongous number, so the first reaction is it makes you step back a little bit," said NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah, a former scout with the Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles. Victor Moses Jersey . -- Two nights after losing to the Eastern Conferences worst team, the Phoenix Coyotes handled the best. http://www.chelseafcproshop.com/Kids-Fikayo-Tomori-Jersey/ .Y. - The Buffalo Sabres reassigned forward Sam Reinhart to the WHLs Kootenay Ice on Friday. Eden Hazard Jersey . - Novak Djokovic beat John Isner 7-5, 6-7 (2), 6-1 on Saturday to reach the final of the BNP Paribas Open, where hell resume his longtime rivalry with Roger Federer. Chelsea Jersey . Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts.JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- Masters champion Adam Scott didnt think his good round was good enough Sunday at The Barclays. His caddie had already packed his golf clubs into a travel case. He viewed his visit to the CBS Sports tower as nothing more than a courtesy. His only hope was that the other players still on the course -- Tiger Woods and Justin Rose among them -- might find it as difficult to close out a victory as Scott has over the years. "Im pretty shocked," Scott said after his 5-under 66 gave him a one-shot win at Liberty National. "There were so many guys out there with a chance and I really didnt think I had much of a chance. If you hang around the lead long enough, youre going to win some, youre going to lose some. And this one went my way." Scott was watching from the locker room when Rose, who had a 25-foot putt for the outright lead, ran it 5 feet by the hole and three-putted for bogey. Clubs unpacked, Scott was on his way to the range when the groans from around the 18th green told him Woods narrowly missed his 25-foot birdie putt from off the back of the green to tie for the lead. Once on the range, a large video board showed Gary Woodland miss his third straight birdie putt from inside 10 feet. "I guess its different playing an hour-and-a-half in front of the leaders, the guys who have been under pressure all day than when youre out there," Scott said. "I know how they feel. When the pressure is on you to close out, its much harder, and the holes become much harder and shots are far more crucial. "I feel like Ive been given a bit of a gift," he said. "But Ill take it." Scott finished at 11-under 273 and moved to a career-best No. 2 in the world. Woods suffered a back spasm on the par-5 13th hole and hooked a fairway metal so far left that it landed in a swamp on the other side of the 15th fairway. Woods dropped to all fours in pain before slowly getting up. He also dropped a shot on the 15th, and then gamely fought back with birdies on the 16th and 17th holes to get within one. His birdie putt from off the 18th green was one short turn of falling. "Thought I made it," Woods said after his 69. Woods had all four rounds in the 60s for the first time in a year on the PGA Tour, though it wasnt enough. He battled stiffness in his lower back all week, which he attributed to a soft bed in his hotel room -- the second straight year he has had back issues from a mattress at this event. In a brief interview with CBS Sports, he said it was "hypothetical" when asked if he would compete in the Deutsche Bank Championship, the next playoff event that starts Friday on the TPC Boston. The tournament gives its charity money to Woods foundation. Woods already missed the AT&T National this year, which also benefits his foundation. "I just got off and Im not feeling my best right now," he said. Rosse wasnt feeling that great, either.dddddddddddd He was in position to win the tournament with a birdie putt, and the U.S. Open champion did not want to leave it short. Instead, he knocked it by farther than he imagined, the ball stayed on the high side of the cup the whole way. "I got too aggressive," said Rose, who closed with a 68. "I thought it was a putt to win the tournament. Its tough to take." Kevin Chappell had a two-shot lead after a birdie on the 10th hole, but then played the next seven holes in 7-over par and closed with a 76. Woodland had a 73. Matt Kuchar, who shared the 54-hole lead with Woodland, fell back with a triple bogey on No. 9. His only birdie was on the 18th hole, and it gave him a 78. "I found a way to hang in there and grind it out and gave myself a chance on the back nine on Sunday, which is everything you can ask for," Woodland said. It was the second time Woods has missed a playoff by one shot at Liberty National. Graham DeLaet of Canada, whose 65 matched Phil Mickelson for the low score of the final round, also tied for second. DeLaet will move up to No. 9 in the Presidents Cup standings, and with one week before qualifying ends, is in good shape to make the International team. Scott won for the second time this year, and at least put himself into the conversation for PGA Tour player of the year if he were to go on to win the FedEx Cup. He is No. 2 in the standings behind Woods, though the $10 million prize does not come into view until the Tour Championship. The first playoff event was packed with plenty of energy on a spectacular day across from the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline. Five players had at least a share of the lead at some point in the final round. Woods put up a great fight despite his back injury. Scott played the final 24 holes without a bogey. Sunday also had some of the emotions found at Q-school for players whose season came to an abrupt end. And it was just as wild at the bottom. Only the top 100 players in the FedEx Cup advance to the second playoff event next week outside Boston. Geoff Ogilvy could have joined them except for missing a 2 1/2-foot par putt on the final hole that ultimately knocked him out of the top 100. Camilo Villegas, at No. 110, thought he needed a 6-foot par putt on the last hole to advance. He missed it and was visibly angry. More than an hour later, Aaron Baddeley appeared to be a lock to advance to Boston despite being at No. 119. Baddeley, however, bogeyed his last three holes, missing a 5-foot par putt on the 18th. That knocked him out and put Villegas back in at No. 100. Scott missed a 15-foot birdie on the 18th hole that he thought might have been enough for a playoff at best. "I thought I needed at least one more to even think about hanging around," said Scott, who stayed long enough to collect his first FedEx Cup playoff win. Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys ' ' '

AIM
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 22 Sep - 03:08 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Bienvneue à Miami =D Index du Forum -> Bienvenue à Miami =D -> Présentation Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation